Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Elise is 1 year old!


Yesterday was Elise's first birthday - my, how time has flown by! She had her 1-year-old checkup at the doctor's today - she weighs 21 pounds 6.5 ounces, she is 28.75 inches long, and her head circumference is 18 inches (all of which are either slightly above or below the 50th percentile).


Last Saturday we had the Niehaus' over - Jeff, Jayne, and Kurt - to help celebrate her birthday. I made up some fingerpaints (which ended up being the consistency of mashed potatoes) and we let the kids go at it. (I was surprised that it was much less messy than I was anticipating.)

Unfortunately because my hands were also covered in finger paints, I wasn't able to get any good pictures of that experience. I did, however, get some pictures of the kids eating cupcakes...


...and playing.

Elise chased Kurt around, smacking him on the head and occasionally trying to give him a kiss. Fortunately, Kurt was a great sport about taking Elise's attention or else I'm sure it could have turned into a very ugly baby brawl mess! Kurt never got upset, though. He seemed to take the strategy of trying to ignore her, and, when that didn't work, he'd try to escape and get away from her. Unfortunately, for Kurt, there was only so far he could go and Elise was always right behind him!

Finally, here is a picture of Elise on her new bouncing zebra toy that she received as a birthday gift from Grandma and Grandpa Schniter.


I think she had a very happy 1st birthday!

No comments: