Saturday, June 7, 2008

Not so sure about this cereal business...

Well, we tried this whole rice cereal thing this past week. The first night it seemed really promising. Elise seemed to enjoy it. I mixed it super thin, and she sucked it right up out of the baby spoon. It was cute! That was the first night. The second night she didn't want anything to do with it. I tried to give her some and she spit it back out at me. The third night was a little better. She wasn't as enthusiastic about it as she was the first night, but she definitely wasn't totally against the idea as she was the second night -- a happy medium. The fourth night again not too crazy about it, but not totally against it either. Then came tonight - the fifth night I've given (or tried to give) her cereal. It seemed like she was starting out excited about getting cereal - she opened her mouth really wide, made her uh-uh feeding noises, but no. She apparently did not really want to eat the cereal. As soon as I put it in her mouth, she blew raspberries which effectively sprayed my face with her thinned out cereal. She was waving her arms around like she was excited, though, and kept making her uh-uh feeding noises, so I thought, "well, maybe she was just too excited about it and spit it out on accident." So I gave her another bite, and given that she once again sprayed me with it, I think I was poorly mistaken about her enthusiasm to eat the cereal. So, needless to say, that was the end of the cereal for the night. Maybe we'll wait a few days, then try again.

Meanwhile, she's been a busy, active baby - playing and bouncing around. See for yourself...


I'm posting the following blurry action picture just to give you an idea of how much she really does move and bounce in her jumper.


Anyway, all that playing and bouncing around is enough to really wear a baby out!


And it makes for a nice mellow baby after bathtime following a long day of fun.

No comments: